...the breakthrough

Well, so in November I visited my sister Natalie in Sydney, Australia. She is a student of the Hillsong Leadership College. It was an awesome time for me. I went to class with her almost every day, listened to excellent teachings, had many uplifting conversations with great people I had met, a lot of food for thought, inspirational church services - it was amazing.

On my flight home I had a lot of time to digest all these impressions and to think about my life. I was watching a movie, and all of a sudden, because of one line somebody said, all the things that people had said to me previously began to make more sense. And there it came: a major breakthrough... ;)

It dawned on me how limited my small world was and how my dreams had no longer been just dreams, but a mindset completely carved in stone about how my life was supposed to happen, about when and how, down to a million details. No room for surprises from God's end. And that is the worst thing that could have happened to me! I had been trying to figure out wether a herniated disc, the job that didn't work out and other obstacles were supposed to stop me from going down the wrong path or at a wrong moment in time. And I had been striving ever so much to put my plans into practise.

It was such a release for me to come to this insight!! I was finally able to let go of everything, lay all concerns of my life down like an empty book with white pages and say: I am so looking forward to see what God has in charge for me next. And above all: I'm actually open for it! I will let life surprise me, knowing with my heart (not only with my head) that it can only go beyond my wildest dreams:

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" (Bible, 1 Cor. 2:9) And another good one: "When you realise that the horse you're riding is actually dead, then get off the horse!" Sounds quite funny, is very simple and TRUE :)

For me this is a great start into 2008! I will be staying in Zurich for right now and walk through the doors that are opening for me just now. More chapters to follow...

Keine Kommentare: